Kembara Foto: Gua Tempurung, Perak-Gua Batu Kapur terbesar di Semenajung Malaysia
Salam, tak sempat nak tulis-tulis la sekarang, satu daripada tempat yang sempat singah masa kembara foto tu ialah Gua Tempurung, Perak. Masa mula-mula sampai tu tak expect la macamni hebat tempay ni, bila dah masuk, tergangga mulut. Kuasa Allah. Memang tak rugi la datang sini. So, enjoy pics kat bawah, info dapat dari
IMAGINE… long before dinosaurs roamed Earth, the limestone hills in the Kinta Valley, Malaysia, were nothing but a balmy sea where corals and single-celled organisms thrived. They were complex life forms known to have existed during the Palaeozoic era 570 million years ago. These life forms took lime from the sea to make their shells. When these creatures died, their shells made up thick masses of lime mud and all in time crystallised into limestone. Limestone can be dissolved by rainwater, which picks up carbon dioxide from the air and soil and turns the limestone into calcium bicarbonate. The dissolving process happens along joints where the water finds its way down. Some joints form sinkholes and these become vertical chimneys and horizontal galleries or in short, they become caves.....
Location: The cave is located in Lembah Tempurung (Tempurung Valley) near Gopeng, Perak, Malaysia. It is 25 km to the south of Ipoh, the capital of the state of Perak.
- Exact Site: It is a massive cavern inside Gunung Tempurung (Tempurung Mountain) standing at 497 metres high. It is visible from the North-South Expressway near Gopeng.
- Classification: Karst cave. It is a cave of marble limestone (calcite calcium) of the Kinta limestone type.
- Cave Age: More than 400 million years old.
- Cave Length: 1.9 km.
- Cave Height: 120 metres.
- Number of Domes: Five gigantic domes with ceilings resembling coconut shell (tempurung), hence its name Gua Tempurung. Gua is the Malay word for cave.
- Galleries: The five domes form the showcase galleries beginning with Golden Flowstone Cavern, Gergasi (Giant) Cavern, Tin Mine Cavern, Alam (Universe) Cavern and Fallen Warrior and Battlefield Cavern.
- Underground River: The river is called Sungai Gua Tempurung. The river passage runs about 1.6 km through the cave inside Gunung Tempurung.
- Gua Tempurung is located in Lembah Tempurung near Gopeng, Perak, Malaysia. It is 25 km to the south of Ipoh, the capital of the state of Perak.
- Take the North-South PLUS Expressway and exit at the Gopeng Toll Plaza. From the plaza, turn left (southwards) towards Kampar. Drive for about 5 km before turning left and driving a further 2 km to reach Gua Tempurung. There are signboards to help you find the way.
- It is easy to get there as the road is well paved and it leads right to the ample parking space just outside the cave entrance.